Tuesday 4 May 2010

What comes after the beginning? A beginning pt 2...?

Right.

Plan is still ongoing. Having been hit with the bombshell that my beloved Sisters army will not be allowed into the tournament until fully painted, I've had to resort to my SM list of evilness to continue its rampage across my local clubs tournament.

A rough list (as its somewhere deep within the folders at the club, so that it cannot be changed) is as follows:

Captain w/ Relic Blade/Storm Shield

Terminators w/ Thunder Hammers/Storm Shield
Land Raider Redeemer w/ Multi Melta

3 x Tactical squads with heavy bolters and a multi melta

2 Rhinos

Vindicator
Vindicator
Whirlwind.

1500pts of not very niceness.

As an ex tournament scene player when I was told of the club i attend's upcoming tournament I went for the above tried and tested routine. However this become a serious issue when they all brought.."fluffy" lists. By which I mean Grey Knights*, Chaos Demons, Abaddon's followers, Tau with Ethereals (A huge no no in tournaments!) and Generally not very "tournament" lists.

*I have to admit here that the Grey Knights are actually quite fun to play against- mainly because Kris, the owner, always takes Terminators who can never quite survive a turn against me. Mainly of their own doing!

So this was the resolution! Bring forth the Sisters, which are much less of an "evil" list and attempt the same record I now have with the Relictors.

Seeing as, for now at least, that is out of the question, im at a loss as to what to do. I can play a few friendly games, of course, but the ambition was to test the list out properly against like minded players and tweek it as I run.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


So, whilst i bemoan my own lack of time for painting these models, I also have some time to ponder. What colour scheme to go for?

I decided on purple. No idea why, the colour isn't normally one i tend to associate with (I'm more of a Green and White fan...) but it seems more Royal and somewhat elegant, so that's the choice im sticking with really.

I now just need to find the urge to really get stuck in and get these lot painted, before I decide that enoughs enough and start painting yet more Relictors...

I'm also twisting a friends arm to get some photos of my Relictors up, along with the starter colour that i've painted my Celestians in so that for once people will believe I do actually have something other then Relictors!!!

Anyway...must go do something. involving a paintbrush. and paint. and these sisters.......

No comments:

Post a Comment